Monday, September 8, 2014

Literacy narrative blog

My experience with reading and writing began at a very young age. When I was four years old I started learning how to read. I loved it. I read everything that I could get my hands on. That started for me, a life of joy, and a desire to learn.
I started high school when I was twelve due to a paperwork fluke. I took an English class and began learning to formally write. I quickly began to write short stories and papers. The problem that I found was the fact that it was very difficult for me to keep working on a project. I would easily grow bored and want to quit. Because of this, I have a huge stack of papers that are left uncompleted.
Needless to say, this didn't prevent me from continuing to write. I wrote papers for my classes and I quickly found on what topics I could write a lot on, and which ones I had limited interest and could only write a small amount.
This quickly became a problem because I would have to write papers on topics that I greatly disliked or just found generally disinteresting. This is something I still struggle with.
I enjoy writing. I really do. But for as long as I can remember I've always struggled with topics that I dislike. That is something that I would like to fix in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment